Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Goof Off Spider-Man Ad

Yes, Spider-Man is pretty popular, so why not use him to sell more than hamburgers? How about something that might actually apply to him specifically? That’s why I think he’d be the perfect guy for ads for Goof Off (that’s the stuff that gets sticky stuff off of things). And they could rotate in different villains throughout the campaign. So here’s how it would work:

Some villain fighting Spider-Man (let’s say, just for the sake of argument, The Scorpion) faces our hero, and just then Spider-Man sprays him with his webbing. Oh, but the webbing all slides right off of The Scorpion, and he laughs and evil laugh and says: “Mwa ha ha! I sprayed my costume with Goof Off, so your webs will no longer stick to me! Doctor Octopus told me about it! Now I can finally defeat you!” And then he beats up Spider-Man.

And in the further ads in the campaign, it can always be a different villain using Goof Off against Spider-Man, and each one defeating him. And surely this would indicate exactly why you might want something like Goof Off (to get sticky stuff off of things; and to defeat Spider-Man), and show you how it works.