Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Too Fast for Love (?)

In looking through some full albums available for listening on YouTube, I saw for the first time in a long while the Mötley Crüe album: “Too Fast for Love”. I never really thought of it before, but the wording of that title made me wonder what they really meant. I originally thought they were just trying to sound like badasses, but could it really mean something else? I mean, are they referring to premature ejaculation here? Because that’s what it sounds like upon further reflection, doesn’t it? And if you look at the album cover, it’s not a picture of a motorcycle, or of a sports car; it’s a picture of a man’s crotch in leather pants, and they are well-known to have worn leather pants during this period: I mean, what else are we supposed to think here? (Maybe it was a complaint they used to receive from their groupies so regularly that they decided to use it for their album title as an in-joke? {<Just kidding!} And if so, then it could be the slogan for some product designed to help this condition, and they could be the spokesmen for it after their music career fizzles.)