Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I Vetoed (Sticker)

When people vote, they are given a sticker that says: “I voted”. I guess that’s so they can rub it in to everyone who is not allowed to vote and tease them. With this in mind, I think someone should make stickers for the president, and for governors, for when they veto a bill. Then they could wear a sticker that says: “I vetoed”, and rub it in, to all those who worked so hard to get whatever bill passed, that they just killed it. Then, if they can manage to muster enough votes to overturn the veto, the legislators could get a sticker that says: “I voted to overturn the veto.” Oh, and when rejecting executive appointments out of spite later on (to get revenge for the executive’s veto of their legislation), the legislators could also wear the sticker that says: “I vetoed.” (And the “I vetoed” sticker could have a picture of a mouth with a tongue sticking out, or perhaps a thumbed nose, as if to say: “Nyah, nyah!”) But then I guess the president could just have a sticker made that says: “I made a recess appointment.” (And this one could sport a picture of a middle finger on it.)