Sunday, July 8, 2012

Tombstone Quotes (Etc.)

I’ve always wanted to do something silly with my headstone when I die. I had been thinking of asking for it to say: “He was asking for it.” But lately it seems like it might be more fun to say something like: “Not dead, merely sleeping; and hungry for your brain.” I wonder if anyone has done this yet. (Probably so.) Or how about: “Aaaaa! Look out! He’s right behind you!”

Maybe the future of graveyard technology will allow for lots of fun possibilities. (Although I’m sure the buzzkills who run the cemeteries will try to rain on everyone’s parade by insisting upon seriousness and serenity only. Lame.) But hopefully someday we can have headstones that are like the mirrors in The Haunted Mansion at Disney World, where you get to see yourself with a ghost, and when you look at the headstone, you see yourself with the figure of some glowing rotting skeleton behind you, etc. Or how about a rectangular lump in the ground that looks coffin-shaped that vibrates and releases dry ice smoke from the ground whenever anyone comes near and steps on the little hidden button on the ground. Now wouldn’t that be fun? (I’ll bet teenagers would visit their great-grandparents’ graves more often then!)