Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 Nissan Rogue Evil Snowmen Ad

Yet another car commercial during football. This is another wonderfully well-intentioned ad that doesn’t quite hit the mark. (Sorry, guys.)

This ad is great, but not for a Nissan Rogue. It would have been a perfect ad for an antifreeze, but not for a car. But without the right antifreeze, evil snowmen can ruin any car’s performance. I doubt the Nissan Rogue SUV performs better in the cold than any other car. (Oh, oops: I considered facts? Sorry. Advertising creativity is wonderful, but if it makes us think of the wrong things, then it doesn’t work. Sorry. I recognize great creativity, but if it doesn’t serve the product honestly and send the right message, then it doesn’t work. Sometime I wonder if ad creatives make ads that don’t work hoping to get hired by products it would work for. I wonder how often that happens, and if it ever works.)

It is interesting that they say it’s the: “all new Nissan Rogue” for a 2015 model. Didn’t they sell enough of them? Everyone else is advertising the 2016 models now.

I wonder when I will see an ad with the Game of Thrones: “Winter is Coming” thing. Maybe I missed it already?

Here’s the snowy spot (Great ad, but not for this product, again. {It happens all the time…}):