Thursday, December 31, 2015

Chick-fil-A “Stayin’ Alive” Ad

We all know the Chick-fil-A ads, where the cows want us to: “Eet Mor Chikin”, or whatever they say. Well this is the best of them all, in my opinion, with a slight modification.

A cow walks down a street in a city, carrying in its mouth a boombox with the Bee Gees’ song: “Stayin’ Alive” playing on it. Wow, that’s great! I wish I had thought of it.

But I think what should have come next was the cow holding up a sign saying: “If You Eat Mor Chikin, I’m Stayin’ Alive!” Then we should have heard the Bee Gees singing: “I’m staying alive!” (We never hear them sing at all in this spot. What a waste!)

That would have been perfect with this ad campaign, in my opinion. (What they say is: “U Eat Chikin We Feel Gud.” Not as ‘gud’, I don’t think. The song is called: “Stayin’ Alive.” They should use the title in the ad dialogue, as it’s perfect for this concept, and because not everyone knows it. I do, but I’m middle age, so of course I would, wouldn’t I? But I am not the target demographic anymore. {By the way, I think the advertising target demographic is off nowadays, but that is another issue for another time, and not on this post.})

Great ad otherwise, I’d say. Fun, silly, nice music: what else can you ask for? I hope they make the change. It would not be the first time a blog post of mine altered an ad.

Here’s the spot that’s stayin’ alive despite my criticism: