Sunday, December 13, 2015

Campbell's Star Wars Soup

Really? Campbell's is making Star Wars branded soup?

Apparently there are soup cans with Darth Vader, Chewbacca and R2D2.

Mmm! The Darth Vader soup tastes like Darth Vader's burned flesh putrefying underneath that suit he never washes!

Yum! The Chewbacca soup is full of dirty animal hair! (And it smells like a wet dog!)

Delicious! The R2D2 soups tastes like oil and rusting metal (and it smells like copper pennies)!

Look, I know it's apparently the law that every company has to try to profit off of Star Wars in some way, and I know people will buy this silly soup, but shouldn't the product tie-in actually make some kind of rational sense? (No? Well, okay; I was only asking…)

Here's an ad for the Campbell's Star Wars soup (Apparently some people are up in arms about this ad featuring two dads, and as such, a gay marriage household. I didn't even notice because I was thinking of how silly Star Wars soup is. But I certainly wouldn't have objected in any case. They look like a nice family to me. I wish the anti-gay crowd would learn to follow their religion's teaching to not judge and to love their neighbors as they love themselves. I am tired of the busybodies hating on people for perceived differences.):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rZOMY2sOnE

And here's Campbell's Star Wars soup webpage:

http://www.campbells.com/star-wars/