Thursday, December 31, 2015

Bottled Water Laptop Ad (Proposed)

Everyone loves to bash bottled water due to plastic, and because of fun facts like how many times we can circle the Earth with plastic bottles. But there are good things bottled water can provide, besides just water.

I just saw an ad for, um, what was it? Wait; let me look. It was for Charter Spectrum. (I have that, by the way, and would recommend it.) Another great ad that had me not remember what the product was immediately after I saw it.

So anyway, in this ad, some guy imagines his life, I think as what it’s not, and he sees a child he doesn’t have pour his cereal bowl into his laptop, and then he pours the milk out of it.

I never really thought about this as being an ad concept before seeing this one, but I always drink water out of a plastic water bottle next to my computer for just this reason. I remember a friend of mine spilling coffee into his, and it was ruined forever. So I use a bottle: I open the top, take a sip, close the cap again, and I put the bottle down. And it seems to me that this would make a great ad for bottled water. Environmentalists hate it so much, but would they prefer a ruined laptop?

Just show someone doing what I do, and then show someone with a glass of water and spilling it, ruining their laptop. Message sent.