Wednesday, December 16, 2015

California Walnuts Ad

There’s an ad for California Walnuts that’s been running a lot lately in California. They say all this great stuff about California Walnuts, but what they don’t say stands out for me. For you see, they don’t say how much water it takes to grow nuts in California. So I think they should add that when you can only take a 3 second shower, or when you have to brush your teeth with bottled water, because there’s no tap water left, you can thank California Walnuts (and apparently California Almonds too).

Here’s the nutty California commercial (Cowabunga, dude!):


(Sorry, California Walnuts, but I think the water is more valuable than you are at the moment. I hope the upcoming El Niño will help, but I doubt it. But we all know how the government pays some farmers not to farm sometimes, so why don’t they just pay California farmers not to farm for now during the drought, and have farmers in other states grow the nuts for a while? I’m sure it’s actually a lot more complicated than what I’m suggesting, but I don’t know why it has to be. Supposedly nut farming in California uses up way more water than all the residents combined for their daily activities. Do we really have to run out of water completely before anyone does the sane thing here? I guess we do.)