Thursday, September 4, 2014

Band-Aid “Oculus” (Joke) Ad

The haunted mirror horror movie Oculus finally came out on home video, and I’m watching it right now. And in the movie, there’s a scene where a man has chewed his fingernail off until it bleeds (I hate fingernail damage in movies: it makes me squirm, and apparently I’m not alone.), so he puts a Band-Aid on it. Then later, he pulls the Band-Aid off his finger because it’s getting in the way of his typing on a computer keyboard. Well, the haunted mirror doesn’t like that (for some reason: my guess is to give us more fingernail damage scenes), and so he goes back to typing, but the Band-Aid is back on his finger, and he looks over to where he put the discarded Band-Aid, and it’s gone. And when I saw that, I sang to myself: “I am stuck on Band-Aids, ‘cause Band-Aids stuck on me!” (<That’s their old advertising jingle.) And I thought that might make a fun joke ad for horror fans. (But then he rips his fingernail off with a staple remover, thinking he’s removing the Band-Aid, and yuck! Don’t put that in.)

(BTW: Barry Manilow wrote that Band-Aid jingle, and the State Farm “Good Neighbor” one.)