Sunday, September 14, 2014

Superman Political Ad (Proposed)

We see a new version of the opening of the Superman TV show, where Superman stands triumphant, and the announcer says he stands for: “Truth, Justice, and the American Way!” And then we see news stories about all the scandals, corruption, perjury, etc., in the government, and how people are being screwed out of their pensions, etc., and Superman flies into frame to say: “This is ‘The American Way’? Seriously? I can’t do this anymore: I’m out of here!” And then Superman flies away up into the sky, flipping us all off as he goes.

(This is a non-partisan ad shining a light on the increasing corruption and gridlock we’ve seen creep into our federal government in recent decades. At some point, we’ve got to root out the rot, people. I don’t know how, but becoming disgusted with it all is a necessary first step. {I took my first step when I was old enough to understand what was going on, but it’s way worse nowadays.} This is why I don’t like either party: they both do it more and more, as we become more polarized and partisan, and they can get away with it more and more.)