Monday, July 25, 2016

Opioid Constipation “Thus Spake Zarathustra” Ad

I wish I could remember what specific product this ad was for, but I can’t. I can’t even find the spot online anywhere. But while I was visiting New York City in June, I saw an ad for some product that helps with opioid induced constipation, and the spot used the music of: “Thus Spake Zarathustra” by Richard Strauss: the same music used in the film 2001: A Space Odyssey. And seeing as how it is using the same music from the opening of 2001, where we see the profile of a planet with a crescent of it lit by the sun, and with the sun rising over the top edge of the planet, I thought perhaps this ad should show, accompanying the dramatic music, the outline of a moon, that is to say a person’s butt, and from behind it we can see emerging a piece of excrement as it slowly passes out of the butt. And it would all be lit just like the opening planetary scene from 2001: A Space Odyssey

Here’s the opening of 2001: A Space Odyssey, using “Thus Spake Zarathustra” that I was referring to. (Now imagine this imagery in the context I suggested for the opioid induced constipation ad. Hey, at least it would justify using that dramatic music for a commercial about a product that helps constipated people take a dump.):


BTW: Sorry this is essentially toilet humor, but the commercial I saw using this music to help sell a laxative type product completely suggested this idea to me. And it is an ad for a product that helps with constipation, so we are talking about poop here.