Thursday, September 27, 2012

I Spit on Your Grave 2

Earlier this month, I wrote up little joke ideas for lame sequels to great classic movies, and in conversing about one of the titles today with someone, it made me think of another fun stupid sequel title, this time to an appalling movie (by all accounts: I haven't seen it, and based upon the subject matter, I'm not really interested): I Spit on Your Grave. So the sequel to this movie could be called: I Spit on Your Grave 2: I Piss on Your Grave Too, and it would be much like the first movie in plot and subject matter (I have read reviews and such, so I am familiar with the rape/revenge plot of the first movie).

So in this sequel, our heroine avenger from the first movie is now married and has a daughter; and, much like many other lame sequels looking to cash in on another well-known movie do, this movie would have the same rape and torture stuff happen to her daughter. So, being her mother's daughter, and having a mother like her mother is, they team up to torture and kill the perpetrators and any and everyone who stand in their way, including the disinterested police and scandal-monger journalists. And, still filled with bloodlust and revenge, they also kill the husband/father just for being a male. And presto: just like that, you have yourself an objectionably offensive horror movie everyone would complain about, and thus tons of business would be drummed up for it. And it would suck and be derivative and cynical, all at the same time! (And really, with a movie like this, what more can you ask of it?)

Then, if this worked well, perhaps someone could launch a new horror/torture/rape/revenge movie franchise, and call it: I Dance on Your Grave. And if the first one does well, the sequel titles could each have a different kind of dance name in the title, like: I Dance the Charleston on Your Grave, I Dance on Your Grave 2: Electric Boogaloo (of course), I Dance the Jitterbug on Your Grave, I Break Dance on Your Grave, I Line Dance on Your Grave, etc. And each movie could take place in the appropriate environment according to the title; for example, the line dancing one could take place in rural Texas and involve cowboy types, the break dancing one could take place in the inner city, the Electric Boogaloo one could take place in 1980s disco dance and rollerskating culture, the Jitterbug one could take place in the Swing era, etc. And, maybe with so much dancing going on, they could even spin it off into a dance show like American Bandstand or Soul Train, only in a graveyard or cemetery (maybe it could be called: So You Think You Can Dance on My Grave?*), and sell lots of soundtrack albums of music to dance on people's graves to.

* (And in the show, while contestants are dancing on the graves, there are stuntmen dressed-up like zombies and stuff reaching out of the grave to grab and scare them, and if they stop dancing and run away, they lose.)