Thursday, September 27, 2012

Klaatu Burrata Nicked-a

My niece loves this soft cheese stuff called Burrata. And every time I hear that name: "Burrata", it makes me think of that famous line from the classic sci-fi movie The Day the Earth Stood Still (and from the great horror/comedy Army of Darkness): "Klaatu Barata Nikto". And that makes me think it might be fun to have a brand of Burrata called: "Klaatu Burrata", and for the ad, there could be some kid who gets given a plate of Burrata by his mother, and then Klaatu and Gort (the alien and the gaint robot from The Day the Earth Stood Still) could walk up, and Klaatu could take the Burrata, Gort could use his eye ray to disintegrate the plate, and then the kid could say: "Hey! Klaatu Burrata nicked-a!" (It might sound silly, but I'll bet people would remember Burrata after that, especially if it was Klaatu Burrata!)

This is Klaatu and Gort:

http://www.monsterzine.com/200110/images/daystill.gif