Wednesday, September 26, 2012

JFK Moon Quote Alteration

The Colbert Report showed that famous clip of President John F. Kennedy saying the stuff about the moon project ("We choose to go to the moon {etc.}...not because they are easy, but because they are hard!"), and it reminded me of one quote I've always wanted to hear JFK say, which is this: "I choose to sleep with women aside from my wife, not because they are easy, but because I am hard!" That would have been even better than Bill Clinton saying: "It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is."! (BTW: Remember when President Clinton said, of smoking marijuana: "I didn't inhale."? Well, if he had said, when backed into a corner about Monica Lewinsky: "I had sex with her, but I didn't come.", he would have had everybody laughing, and maybe he could have brushed it all off and avoided the whole impeachment thing. And the media always called that situation: "Zippergate"; but I always thought it should have been called: "Fornigate" {like "fornicate"}.)

(BTW: In Sept, 2014, John Oliver used this same joke about: "…not because they are easy, but because (he) is hard" on his HBO show, but in reference to the space geckos Russia lost. I think he should have said it was the origin of the Gorn from Star Trek too.)