Friday, October 14, 2011

Bell & Howell Micro Plus Hearing Aid Ad

Yes, folks: Here’s yet another commercial that shows you ridiculously unrealistic expectations of what you’ll experience when you buy and use their product. You've probably seen it if you watch the cable news channels. And if you've seen it, you'll know why I think it's so funny!

First off, I seriously doubt it works anywhere near as well as they claim, but even if it does, what you’ll end up hearing will be nothing like this ad! They show little vignettes where people wearing this thing get to eavesdrop on other people’s conversations, and what do you suppose they end up overhearing? That’s right: Everybody is always secretly complimenting them! I’m sure this always happens in real life! I mean, right? No?

My guess is that the hot girl on the beach is more likely to be revolted by crude sexual remarks being made by men, rather than to be pleasantly surprised by other women complimenting her on her beach body. Plus, they show scenes where an overheard remark by a significant other causes joy and jubilation. I’ll bet the opposite would be true much more often. Can you imagine the chaos that would ensue if everyone could hear everyone else’s private conversations across the rooms of every party? There would probably be a lot more violence in our society, that’s all I’m saying.

But hey, maybe I’m wrong! Want to hear what everyone is saying about you behind your back? Then get the Bell & Howell Micro Plus! But remember these words before you buy: ignorance is bliss!

The ad I’m referring to I can’t find, but the older product has the same idea, and here’s that ad: