Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fiat 500 Jennifer Lopez Ad

I’m talking about a specific commercial here: not the one where everyone is crowding her for an autograph, but the one where she’s driving around the inner city, and she’s saying that these may look like just streets to you, but to her they’re a playground, yadda, yadda.

Yeah, right! Like she drives a cheap little car through the Bronx, rather than driving through Beverly Hills in an Aston Martin! Excuse me if I don’t believe you, but this looks staged to me. It’s like if Elizabeth Taylor would have done an ad for fake diamonds when she was alive: it’s just not believable. So pardon me if I have to call “bullcrap”.

Or does she drive this car back to the old neighborhood because she doesn’t care if it gets stripped? After all, I’m sure she gets them for free for doing these ads, so what’s the difference? Or doesn’t she feel safe leaving her Aston Martin out on the “playground”? (I’m from Hollywood, and from what I understand, she drives an Aston Martin, not a Fiat. But you know, based on that other Fiat ad where everyone is crowding her for autographs, maybe she ought to trade in her Aston Martin for a dozen Fiat 500s and a bunch of doubles, so she can go where she wants without being hassled, while everyone chases the doubles around town!)

Here’s the ad:


And here’s the one where she gets crowded for autographs (You know, maybe her fans wrecked her Aston Martin doing this kind of stuff, and so now she doesn’t want to waste anymore money on another expensive car that’s just going to get all crushed and dented by fans! So I guess the Fiat 500 might be perfect for her after all. She just needs to add all that Road Warrior-type stuff onto it to repel everyone.):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niLjg6cm-Qo&NR=1

(P.S.: I told you so! Look:

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/amplifier/jennifer-lopez-fakes-bronx-drive-car-ad-182135716.html

I was actually talking about the statement of the ad; I didn't know that the whole thing was faked, though! And as it turns out, she does have doubles driving around in Fiats!)