Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Newt Gingrich Is: The President’s Dad

Watching the Republican debate last night made me like Newt Gincrich more, but he doesn’t seem like a president to me. Every time he speaks up, it seems to be to scold everyone. It’s as if there was a sit-com called: The President’s Dad, and every time the president tried to do anything, Newt Gingrich as the president’s dad would pop out from behind some door and say: “Now son, don’t screw it up like you did last time!” And the president would say: “Aww, Dad!” And when the president is giving a speech on live TV, Newt would pop into frame in front of the president and say: “Remember, don’t say anything bad against another Republican like you did last time!” And the president would say: “Daaaad! Let me do it! I’m the president!” And then Newt could say: “Well, son, maybe I ought to be the president instead of you.” And the president could whine: “Aww, Dad: You just made me look stupid in front of all my friends again!” And Newt could say: “Son, that’s what parents are for!” And the canned cheering would go wild. (It would be very popular with seniors.)