Thursday, October 13, 2011

New & Improved!

Last week I went to the pharmacy to get a new bottle of the shampoo I like, since I was running out. Sounds like an easy task, right? Nope. They don’t make it anymore. Now there’s some new packaging, and it’s called something else, and I’m not sure whether it’s the right kind anymore. I just want to get the kind I like: the kind I want. But I can’t. So I got another brand. Oh well, they’ve lost my business now. And this happens again and again!

Look, it costs money and takes time to find something I like and that works well for me, whether it’s shampoo or shoes, but whenever I want to go get a new one of what I like, they don’t make it anymore. What the hell? Do they really think this is a good business strategy? I don’t want it new & improved: I want it like it was the last time! But I can’t have it. It seems like an idiotic business model to me.

Frustrating consumers may not be the best idea, or is that the new stupid marketing strategy these days? Maybe that’s why our economy is failing: companies kill all their successful products, so nobody can buy them anymore! But what do I know? I’m just a guy who constantly can’t buy what he wants because they always stop making it. After all, there couldn’t be others like me out there, could there? Actually, I think there are probably lots.