Friday, August 16, 2013

Axiron My Mantra Ad

I keep seeing an ad for the testosterone supplement Axiron that uses the phrase/slogan “My Mantra” in the ads. Well, every time I see this, I think it’s the new campaign for the antacid Mylanta. Because the old Mylanta slogan was: “My doctor said Mylanta”, and so it would be only natural for them to use: “My mantra is Mylanta” as a follow-up. And so every time I see this ad for Axiron, I think of Mylanta. Hmm, maybe Mylanta could buy Axiron and sell twice as much stuff with ads for Axiron that always make everyone think of Mylanta too. Or they could just cash in on Axiron’s ads for free and do nothing, I guess.

I think the whole purpose of the “My Mantra” slogan is because it has the word “man” in it, but wouldn't it work better with something added, like: “My Mantra for Manliness”, or: “My Mantra for Manhood”? Because with the product called Axiron, how are we supposed to know what it does? That's why I still think testosterone supplements should be called Machismol” (from machismo): then we'd all know what it was for, and the ads could be more fun and silly.

(P.S.: I made a point earlier {now removed} about how testosterone therapy products are not considered drugs, but rather, supplements, and are as such not regulated by the FDA, based on a news report I saw on television. But then I looked it up, and Axiron is approved by the FDA. I guess it serves me right for believing the news.)