Sunday, January 8, 2012

Ice Hotels and Global Warming

I’ve read about ice hotels and ice bars in magazines, and they seem novel and all, but kind of cold, I should think. Tonight at dinner, my sister brought up the issue of melting ice caps and stuff, and then the conversation turned somehow to these ice hotels. So I said they better hurry up and go visit them before global warming melts all of them, too. And then it hit me: what a great propaganda tool this could be!

The global warming activists could create a fictional ice hotel, and get it written up in all the best travel magazines (that agreed with their agenda) as being a must visit attraction; but then, when people made reservations and actually arrived, they could just meet them at a little pond or a wet meadow and say that global warming melted the hotel before they could arrive, and the puddle is all that’s left of it, and the effects of climate change are much worse than they had feared, etc.

Wouldn’t that be great? That’s what I would do if I were a global warming alarmist. Maybe Al Gore could do it: God knows he’s got enough money and resources to make it happen for real! I think he’s got his own cable channel and magazines, etc. That’s all you need to pull off a scam like this! Well, that and a location that could sub in for the “melted hotel”. But hey: how much could that cost? And think of the propaganda value!