Thursday, January 19, 2012

LMFAO Schwarz

I was listening to some late night show, and someone said they saw a tweet that said “LMFAO”, and I immediately thought of that famous toy store in New York City, FAO Schwarz, and how they could set up a store selling novelty joke items, and call it: LMFAO Schwarz; or maybe someone could open up a comedy club with such a name in NYC, playing off of the old toy store name. Oh, but then I Googled it and found that someone else beat me to this idea by a couple of years. But then again, they just did a Phototshop job to the awning of the actual store, and they didn’t think of a real application of the idea. Well, then, I suppose that’s what marketing is all about, then, isn’t it? And in reality, I think it would make for a fine comedy club. (Maybe there is one already?)

Here’s their post of the Photoshop picture with what I think is the origin of the idea for LMFAO Scwhwarz (Kudos for the idea!):