Sunday, October 5, 2014

Dentastix Dog Smile Ad

Wow, a product that dulls your dog’s teeth to where they look like human teeth? Does that mean the dogs can’t do as much damage when they chew things up? Hey, sign me up! (I’ll bet burglars are secretly going to feed these to guard dogs so it won’t hurt as much when the dogs bite them as they’re burgling the place.)

I wonder what they’re made of: especially heavy sandpaper?

It’s funny, though, as it looks like the dogs are wearing human dentures.

Here’s the doggie dentures spot:


This is not a new concept, by the way. It was done in the 1990s with some cat litter, I believe, where a cat smiled a huge toothy grin with human teeth because the cat box odor was gone (allegedly due to the advertised product), and it made a big splash in the press because it showed the possibilities of computer-generated images in advertising.

Here’s an example of the Fresh Step Scoop ads from the 1990s, which I believe made the grinning cat ad; but it’s not the one with the cat smiling with human teeth, as I can’t find that one online for some reason, which is odd, as it was a big deal when it initially appeared: