Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New PeTA Burger King Ad?

Recently I ran across a hilarious photo from a PeTA blog, where people protesting KFC are dressed as Angry Birds, and they say: "KFC makes for really 'Angry Birds'".* This was really fun and clever, and so it made me think: how could I think up something just as cute to use for a (spec/joke) PeTA ad bashing another fast food restaurant, but using their own corporate mascots against them? They bash McDonald's all the time, so I figured Burger King would be a nice change of pace. I like Burger King fine, so nothing against them personally: it's just an intellectual exercise to come up with a PeTA ad to protest Burger King. (Besides, I like McDonald's, so I'm getting tired of seeing them bashed all the time.)

So here's my idea for a PeTA ad protesting Burger King: A cow, a pig, and a chicken are brought into a castle to see the king. As they are led into the throne room, we see the Burger King burger king mascot sitting on a throne, with a huge platter of bloody meat next to him being held by a servant, and he's eating some leg of something ravenously. So he sees the cow, pig, and chicken, and he yells: "Off with their heads!" So then, they're led out onto the traitor's scaffold, and they're subjected to gory beheadings by the Burger King "Ham Executioner" (Hey, McDonald's has the "Hamburglar", so I figured the Burger King could have the "Ham Executioner": He wears a Burger King uniform, but with a bloody butcher's apron, a big black executioner's hood and a giant headsman's axe, and he's really fat.); and then their carcasses are thrown on a huge grille that looks like a flame-broiled torture device, as all the bloated, corrupt Royals from the Burger King's court laugh and drool grotesquely.

So, how about it, PeTA? Is it too gross for even you to use? (I doubt it! But it may be too expensive to produce and run on TV. I think they mostly do performance art-style demonstrations to get free news coverage. {Pretty smart, actually, to get your message out, if you don't have a lot of money to spend on advertising.})

Personally, I like eating meat, so I'm not on the same page with PeTA on everything (although I don't like cruelty to animals, and I want free-range farms for everything). But after seeing some of their more clever ideas, I wanted to see if I could do it, too.

* BTW: Here's that PeTA blog post with the photo of the Angry Birds protesting KFC: