Friday, June 28, 2013

Whiskas "Cat Food Fever" Cat Food Ad (Proposed)

Hey, remember that Ted Nugent song "Cat Scratch Fever"? Well, ever since I can remember, as long as I have been feeding anyone's cats, I start singing it to myself and the cats, but with new lyrics. So that made me think that maybe it's finally time for this song to take its rightful place as a cat food ad. All they'd have to do is change the lyrics a bit, and presto: a cat food ad song (for cats who remember who Ted Nugent is).

So here are the new lyrics for the song, which is now called "Cat Food Fever":

Cat food fever, meow meow meow,
Cat food fever, meow meow meow,

Well the first time that they got it I'd just opened a can,
And they went crazy on me,
So I just decided there I'd feed them Whiskas from then,
And I've got happy kitties,

It gives them cat food fever, meow meow meow,
Cat food fever, meow meow meow,
Cat food fever, meow meow meow,
Cat food fever, (guitar meow-ish sounding lick).

And the video would show some '70s-looking guy like a young-ish Ted Nugent type, with long hair and a handlebar mustache, wearing a Western-style cowboy shirt with the pearl snaps up the front and bellbottom jeans, and he's feeding his cats, and they're going crazy waiting for the food. And once the food bowls are down, the cats are all chowing down. And then we get a reverse shot back to the other side of the kitchen, and there's a band playing the song, with a big light show and everything.

This is "Cat Scratch Fever", for those of you unfamiliar with it (The ad song would use the part on this clip from 0:47 to 1:25, roughly):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaQFC0h91zQ