Friday, February 10, 2017

GoDaddy Internet Super Bowl Ad

I don’t have much to say about this spot, other than it’s pretty much perfect.

You could put other internet stuff in there, and they probably do in some longer version of the ad online.

But this is the first one of the GoDaddy ads I really liked. Before they just had famous women act like they were getting naked, and then they pretended we’d get to see them naked if we went online. As if we can’t already see pretty women naked online if we want to. They used to say sex sells, but not with me. I’m not buying anything because some hot woman gets naked in their ads. What does that have to do with the product or service, and why I might want it? That’s what would sell me on something nowadays. I mean, I might look at an ad with a beautiful woman in it, but I’m not buying anything just because she’s pretty, no matter how scantily clad she might be.

But this one is really, really fun. Great concept; great execution. The only thing I don’t like about it is that I didn’t make it. (<Just kidding. But I do wish I had thought of it.)

Here’s the interesting internet ad: