Friday, February 10, 2017

Itsa10haircare Trump Super Bowl Ad

Okay, so this one does not mention Donald Trump by name, but we all know who they’re talking about. And it’s cute and fun, and I like it.

But it seems somehow familiar to me. I wonder why…

Oh, right: because I did a spec ad very similar to this one in July of last year using virtually the same concept. And it really was only a matter of time before someone else did the same concept as this, but see if you don’t see something familiar here after reading my spec ad for Just for Men.

Here’s the hairy spot:


And here’s my Trump hair spec ad for Just for Men (which could have been for any hair care product):


It’s funny: these companies don’t seem to want to make ads out of my concepts, but then I see ads with very similar, if not the same concepts as mine and all the trade publications say how brilliant they are, and I had already done it on this blog months or years before. You’d think after a while they would catch on, but I guess not…