Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Danvers State Hospital

There is a Jean Simmons birthday marathon on TCM today, and I looked up the movie Home Before Dark on IMDB to see what it was about. Since it sounded like a thriller or a horror movie based on the name, I wanted to see, so I could tell if I wanted to see it. (I like those.) So anyway, someone who had seen the movie wrote a glowing review of it in the user reviews section, and they mentioned Danvers State Hospital. I was hoping that Danvers State Hospital was named after Mrs. Danvers from Rebecca, but apparently not. (I looked it up on Wikipedia. I suppose it’s possible, since it’s user-generated content on Wikipedia, that the hospital was named for Mrs. Danvers, but that someone out there wants me not to think so. But probably not.) Oh well, I guess you can’t have everything.