Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Drug-Sniffing Dogs

I was at the Newark airport yesterday, and while walking to my gate, I had to get something out of my rolling suitcase I was using as carry-on luggage. While I was bending over to reach into my bag, etc., a really cute Black Labrador Retriever walked up, poked its wet nose in my face, and sniffed me. So I had a cute attack, and I said: “Puppy!” to the dog. (Black Labs are my favorite dogs, along with Rottweilers.) Well, before I could reach out to pat it, the dog walked off, leading its owner away, which turned out to be a DEA/NSA policeman (!). So the dog wasn’t just being friendly, he/she was trying to bust me for drugs! And since the dog was obviously dragging the cop around, it became clear that the dog thought I looked like some terrorist or drug-smuggler! I know this because it was only sniffing certain people (for example: me, and other people who looked sketchy) while avoiding/ignoring others completely! So it definitely was hoping to bust me for something based upon what I look like! What a jerk! “Man’s Best Friend”, my foot! (More like "The Man"'s best friend! {As in being oppressed by "The Man".}) That dog was profiling me! And I thought doing that was supposed to be racist or something. But I guess only for humans!