Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Teen Wolf

Yes, they’re supposedly making a TV series based upon the lame 80s movie Teen Wolf, but from its ads, it doesn’t seem that much like the movie to me. Now, unfortunately I am old enough to remember seeing Teen Wolf in the theaters, probably back in the days when my parents used to drop me off at the theater and I had no other escape but to actually see the movie. But I remember it was lame. Oh, and it was probably the inspiration for the Jackass phenomenon. (You remember: car surfing? Doesn’t that remind you of Jackass, or at least all the dumbass red-necks who video themselves smashing their cars into telephone poles while they stand on the roof, etc.? Oh, never mind…)

Anyway, if they’re going to do a Twilight-y TV series about werewolves, why did they have to kill it in the crib by hobbling it with the name Teen Wolf? Why not instead call it I Was a Teenage Werewolf? That was a great movie! And I’ll bet you could license that name for a lot less money than Teen Wolf! And then it would be associated with a previously cool/respectable movie.