Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dog Poop Bags for Cats

I am house-sitting for my sister this month while they go off to New York to visit our parents, and as part of the deal, I have to take care of her 3 cats. That means I have to feed them and clean their litter box and pat them and stuff; or else just buy a big crate of mice at the medical-research-supply depot, leave out a mountain of kitty-litter on the floor, and let them run wild and fend for themselves! (<The cats would probably prefer the latter, but my sister probably wouldn’t!)

Anyway, to dispose of the cat feces, my sister has gotten me a box of compostable poop bags; only she got the kind of bags meant for dog poop! (The effrontery!) Well, the cats got one look at that, and they refuse to use the litter box anymore! I guess they must be insulted, huh? They’re now intentionally trying to squeeze into the most unreachable-by-man places in the house to go poop in! What a malodorous quandary! And all because she got dog poop bags instead of cat poop bags! Oh well. I guess that old stereotype of cats being finicky and difficult is true!