Saturday, June 18, 2011

Lake George Area Ad

I was looking out my parents’ bay window, and I heard an enthusiastic woman’s voice from the television set say: “Want to know how far out a full tank of gas can take you? Far enough to get away!” Well, since I couldn’t see the picture, the first thing that came to mind with the low MPG standards that most cars have was that she must be talking about huffing gas. That would take you really far out! And it’s about the only kind of vacation most Americans could afford right now! But with gas prices so high, most people probably couldn’t even afford to get as high as the gas prices. Oh, well. When we want an escape from reality, I suppose there’s always sexually harassing people on Facebook and Twitter… (And it can make you famous!) Or, I suppose you could save up to go visit beautiful Lake George (and its surrounding area)! Now that's an escape! (See, I remembered what the ad was hawking!)