Monday, April 23, 2012

Christiane Amanpour’s Almond Pour

With a name like Amanpour, can you really afford not to start a brand of coffee creamer substitutes called: “Amanpour’s Almond Pour”? She could sell this stuff like she sells her news stories: with honesty, integrity, and gravitas! And as a news reporter, it would be a perfect fit to sell something like a non-dairy coffee creamer, right? She could say something like this in the ads:

“Hi. I’m Christiane Amanpour, here for my new Almond Pour coffee creamer substitute. If you’re like me, you love coffee; but in a job like mine, you have to drink a lot of it, which can be hard on your stomach. Plus, as a journalist, I’m always on the go, driving out into the desert and other ‘hot-spots’ around the world for days at a time! You can’t bring cream with you where I have to go: it would simply go bad! That’s why I’ve created Amanpour’s Almond Pour: It’s the take-anywhere coffee creamer substitute with the great flavor of all-natural almonds! It’s got great taste, and quality you can trust, just like my reporting! That’s Amanpour’s Almond Pour: Ask for it by name wherever newspapers are sold!”

Then some announcer guy could tack on an ending like: “You don’t have to be rich to get the rich taste of Amanpour’s Almond Pour! I’m a-pourin’ it in my coffee right now!”

Mmmm! I can almost taste that rich almond flavor in my coffee now!