Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Omen of Rosemary’s Baby: It’s Alive!

My sister sent me a link to a really fun blog called “PLANET OF TERROR!!”, and thereupon I saw some post about changing the endings of old movies, and the first in this series was about the great classic horror film: Rosemary’s Baby. Now, for some reason, I’ve always linked this movie together in my head with that silly 70s killer-baby movie It’s Alive, and then connected it with The Omen, which is using a very similar theme and idea and story like sort of thing. So I always figured it like this: At the end of Rosemary’s Baby, we don’t get to see the baby, but we hear it’s all evil- and deformed-looking. So that always made me think of Larry Cohen’s silly murderous-baby movie It’s Alive. And then there’s The Omen, where a couple adopts Satan’s brat, and he tries to take over the world through politics (which melds very well with Holocaust 2000, etc.).

So I’ve always seen these movies in my fevered imagination as being somehow intrinsically linked together, and somehow as sequels of sorts. All they would have to do would be to change a little teensy bit of plot at the beginning or the end, and it would work perfectly! So maybe they could even make a TV mini-series out of it on like the SyFy Channel, riddled with bad digital effects, and call it: The Omen of Rosemary’s Baby: It’s Alive!

Now admit it: You want to see it, don’t you? Especially if it leads to Holocaust 2000!