Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Kardashian Dallas (Joke) Bourbon Ad

Recently, a video surfaced of Kim Kardashian telling her sister she wants to run for Mayor of Glendale, CA, and her sister replies that she’s going to be the Mayor of Dallas someday. And after this, my fevered imagination heard her say: “And when I’m Mayor of Dallas, everyone will have to act like a character from the TV show: Dallas, and drink huge glasses of Bourbon all day long everyday; and nobody will be allowed to drive unless they are drunk!” And then it became some silly joke ad for some new Kardashian brand of Bourbon: “J.R. Kardashian”.

BTW: For people who don’t understand this, there was once a TV show called Dallas, where rich greedy jerks tried to swindle each other out of oil money or something. Anyway, this show was big when I was a tot, and the only thing I remember very well from it is that every time someone would go to meet anyone else, at home, or in an office somewhere, the host would always ask if they wanted a drink, and the guest always would want one. And this “drink” would always be the same thing: some huge glass of straight Bourbon (I think) with ice. And they’d guzzle this down and go drive their enormous Cadillac home (!). So anytime I hear the name Dallas, whether it’s referencing the TV show or the city, I automatically see some sexy woman in a slinky dress downing a huge tumbler of liquor while trying to stab someone in the back (metaphorically).

And this, I think, would make a great ad for a Kardashian brand of Bourbon: The Kardashian sister saying she’s going to be the Mayor of Dallas, and then some scene re-creating a scene from the TV show Dallas, but with the Kardashian sisters in slinky 1970s-style dresses serving huge glasses of Bourbon to each other casually, like it’s what everyone always does all the time. (<That would be the real ad. The joke ad would be what I wrote in the first paragraph.)

And by the way, this whole thing is just a joke, as I’m sure the Kardashians would never encourage irresponsible behavior in anyone else, no matter how much money was in it for them. Right? Right.

Here’s the video I’m referring to: