Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Lexus Racing

As most of us probably know, Lexus is the luxury brand of Toyota. And we mostly all know that Toyota is involved in racing, and quite successfully, actually. So that's why I was surprised to find out that Lexus is also involved in racing. But it's the same company, so what's the difference? Do Lexus race cars have more luxurious features, like wood-grained interiors, Mark Levinson sound systems, etc.? I'm just curious if the Toyota racers have to race in a plastic box interior with naugahyde seats and a crappy AM radio, and Lexus racers get to race in the lap of luxury, with self-cooling cup holders and automatic heated seats, etc. Because I'd think the more luxurious the interior, the less of an incentive you'd have to win a race, because you might not have as much of a burning desire to get the hell out of the car as soon as possible. But maybe I'm wrong, and a more luxurious interior makes you feel like a winner already, so you become one. (Who knows?)

Here's the Wikipedia page for Lexus I just created to trick you into thinking they're a Toyota brand (I'm joking: they are a Toyota brand):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexus