Wednesday, June 20, 2012

You Are Not Connected to the Internet

Whenever I turn on my computer, or wake it up from its sleep, and I try to get onto the Internet too quickly, I am told by my browser: "You are not connected to the Internet." Well, duh! I'm not a cyborg or anything! My computer is what connects to the Internet, not me; so why blame me about this? Is this an effort by my browser to distract me away from its own responsibility in the matter? After all, maybe it's not because I tried to sign on too fast, so much as it's its own laziness in connecting. (Maybe they're cranky when they first wake up like humans are, and they're useless and "just not themselves" before they've had their coffee.) In fact, I'm insulted it would try to shift blame onto me, when it's clearly its own fault! And just for that, I'm switching to Firefox or Chrome from now on! (Although you never know: perhaps those browsers give you an electrical shock as a punishment when you ask them to do stuff before they feel like it {!}. And once the computers take over, who knows what punishments they'll have in store for us for all the times we've bossed them around!)