Wednesday, June 27, 2012

“(They) Deserve To Die” Ads

The homicidal voice inside my head I usually ignore told me it had gotten a job at an ad agency. Naturally I assumed it was talking out of its non-existent ass, but apparently it was telling the truth! Yes, that’s right: now there are print ad posters all over the place telling us that certain types of people deserve to die. So remember, if you actually kill one of these kinds of people, simply blame the ad agency and sue them. You know they’re commanding you to do it! After all, legal precedent has shown that we have no personal responsibility for our actions anymore, so go ahead and do it! And don’t worry, if you kill the wrong person, simply put a stuffed cat in their lap (for the ads that say: “Cat lovers deserve to die”), and we’ll all assume it’s the ads that are to blame! (You’re not allowed to kill a real cat, or else PeTA will come after you!)

It has been postulated that this teaser campaign, if indeed this is what it is, is merely intended to get us all hyped up and wondering what it’s all about, and then it will reveal itself to be a campaign to raise awareness about some illness, whereupon the ads then say that nobody deserves to die. But what if that’s incorrect, and instead it’s an ad campaign created by a bunch of thrill killer murderers hoping to get everyone knocking each other off to cover for their own crimes? This seems much more likely to me. Plus, not only will everyone else’s coming violence cover up their own crimes, but if caught anyway, they will be able to point to these ads and say they were coerced into murder by the mind-controlling advertisements. (I always use that as an excuse when I get caught stealing cereal from children and whatnot: “That cartoon rabbit in the Trix ads: he made me do it!”)

(Of course this is just a joke! Please don’t kill anyone! But if you do, please blame it on the ads, and not on me. After all, there are other ads you probably haven’t seen that made me write this piece here. So if you’re mad, please blame the ads. Or were those just the ones the homicidal voice in my head made me look at before it got that ad job? Oh, I forget.)

Oh, and I also almost forgot, here’s the savage story: