Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Smirnoff Ice Fridgetender Ads

Shame on Smirnoff! Are they really stooping to this low level of manipulation? I mean, really! What do I mean? Well, it's just that Smirnoff has a series of ads running now where there's a bartender inside a refrigerator at someone's house party. And you know what that means, right? It means that if you don't drink enough alcoholic beverages, he'll suffocate! So this commercial basically equates temperance with murder (!). (<Or at least with depraved indifference.)

Here's this slandering spot (But you must be old enough to see it, for on the Internet you must prove your age to see something you can see on TV whether you like it or not! Man, that Internet is very strict with all its conservative regulations regarding content, huh? Or could it just be a conspiracy to collect all of our personal information so they can send us even more advertising? Nah, I trust them; don't you? {BTW: I would not recommend signing in with them. Just wait for it to come on TV. You won't have to wait long!}):

http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=/watch%3Fv%3DeRRRJUL53mY

BTW: Smirnoff Ice has a fun definition in the Urban Dictionary. But I'll let you look it up yourself. (Simply type "Smirnoff Ice" into Google, and it's one of the top listings. {It was #5 when I searched it.}) I don't want to ruin it for you with "spoilers".