Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Web.com Cartoon Ad

In some ad for Web.com, some business that helps people set up websites and such (I think), a series of cartoon vignettes are shown, and in one of them, some cartoon guy takes his cartoon dog out for a walk, presumably to "do his business". (Is this supposed to be representative of online businesses? Why, I've never been so insulted! Are they suggesting our business ventures are only so much canine excrement? Well, I never!) And this raises an interesting issue here: do cartoon dogs need to be walked so they can go to the bathroom?

Look, I realize this may be an irrelevant issue to non-cartoon people, or for cartoon people without cartoon dogs (obviously cartoon people who have real dogs would still have to walk them: that goes without saying!), but for cartoon people with cartoon dogs, this is a real issue, I assure you! But this scenario of the cartoon guy walking his cartoon dog is just ludicrous, I'd think. Surely cartoon dogs don't have to poop and pee and stuff unless someone draws them doing it, right? So then just don't draw them doing it! (Or else, erase it before it hits the floor!)

Of course, the cartoon guy could simply be walking his cartoon dog to get it some exercise, or for the fun of it: I hadn't really thought of that, so sorry if I was misrepresenting this situation.

(Sorry, I can't find this ad on YouTube. Funny, you'd think for an ad for an Internet-related product or service, the commercial would be readily available to see on the biggest Internet video site. Huh. Maybe it's only aimed at people who are unfamiliar with using the Internet. Well, if they're not savvy enough on the Internet to put their ad on YouTube, maybe you shouldn't trust them to help you with web-related stuff.)