Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Political Pundit Song

Stephen Colbert showed some Dressage shots last night (and last week as well), one of which used the Beach Boys' song "Kokomo", and this tune stuck in my head, so I came up with a new set of lyrics for some of it in honor of all the political pundits out there on television, furiously trying to convince us all with talking points, etc., to support "their" candidate. So here it is, in the tradition of Mad Magazine's silly new lyrics to well-known songs, "The Pundit Song":

To the tune of "Kokomo" by the Beach Boys (from the soundtrack of Cocktail, apparently):

We'll fool ya', and play ya', Ooh we're gonna make ya'
Vote Obama, or Romney, Spoon-feed you like Mommy,

We'll argue, and spin it, we'll both think we win it,
'Till it blows your mind.

We'll fool ya', and play ya', Ooh until we make ya'
Vote for Romney, Obama, (We'll) talk until you vomit,

We are rude, and grating, wholly nauseating,
How we moan and whine.

(Sorry, I simplified the chorus somewhat, apparently. I hadn't heard it in years.)

Here's the song, from Cocktail, I guess (I didn't make the video, and I haven't seen the movie, either, so I don't really know for sure; but that's what it says.):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNZVzIfJlY4&feature=related

(Oh, and sorry about rhyming "Obama" with "you vomit": that's not intended as an editorial comment per se; it just kinda worked out that way. I'm not taking sides here.)