Tuesday, November 20, 2012

New Fatburger Spokesperson?

I drove past a Fatburger today, and it reminded me of how I can’t believe there’s still a burger chain called Fatburger anymore, what with the obesity epidemic and all. But if they are going to keep calling themselves Fatburger, I think they really ought to take on a rebellious attitude with regard to the health food initiative. And there’s one way to do this and relate it to their name at the same time! How, you might ask? Well, with a new spokesperson!

Yes, we all know who it should be, right? Well, obviously it should be Jack Spratt’s wife! (Remember: Jack Spratt would eat no fat, and his wife would eat no lean.) So Mrs. Spratt could become the spokeswoman for Fatburger, and she could rave all about how it’s the only place she can get a burger these days, what with all the health food initiatives insisting on lean meat and such. And wouldn’t that tend to attract all the people who hate all the food police griping?

I mean, seriously: if you’re going to call your restaurant Fatburger, why not go all the way?

(Full disclosure: I really like Fatburger, but I think their company name is a bit ill-suited to our times, especially in über-liberal California. How about Fitburger instead? Doesn’t sound yummy enough? Oh well, I thought not.)