Friday, April 22, 2011

The Rock Guy?

“Why I regret Kid Rock’s stage name.” That should be the title of this blog post. Why? Because it’s the only thing about him that’s catchy enough to make him relevant or recognizable. He’s only successful because he came up with a catchy moniker. Without it, I would never have even heard of him. I mean, think about it. Years ago, he had one good song (just one), that used part of the rap from the Sugar Hill Gang’s “Rapper’s Delight”. (<And he didn’t even write the lyrics!) But does he even do music anymore? I just see him at Comedy Central Roasts and stuff, hanging around with a lot of other has-been “celebrities”. What else has he got going for him? It all stems from that name! Now he’s not happy with it anymore. I read an article today (I will leave a link to it below) with the headline: “Why Kid Rock regrets his stage name.” Well, besides a Paris Hilton-esque fame, it’s all he’s got of value. But he still doesn’t like it! So how about this, Kid Rock: why not call yourself “Trailer Trasher”? That’s memorable too, and it definitely suits you well. Do you like that better? If not, how about: “Rap Neck”? You can use either one, but I want you to tell everyone that you didn’t come up with that, either.

Okay, I have to admit I’m just mad that they cancelled the Comedy Central Roast of Kid Rock. So this is intended to make up for the oversight. Consider yourself roasted, Kid Rock! I’m just kidding. And please don’t beat me up again. Want an updated moniker? How about the “Rock Man”? “The Rock Guy”? How about “Rock Lobster”? I was just thinking that your red neck might remind people of a… Oh, sorry!

Want to read about how Kid Rock no longer appreciates his one good idea? (Hey, if I could get away with being called “The Kid” for anything besides my immaturity, I’d do it! Oh, and for the record, I've always thought that 'Kid Rock' is probably the best stage name anyone has ever come up with. Hey, it's better than 'Rob Zombie'. And I love Rob Zombie! I remember when he was just Rob Cummings in a NYC bar band! But maybe that's why the name 'Rob Zombie' doesn't work for me: I knew him before he started using it.):