Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding Spectacular!

Okay, I have to admit, I didn’t watch the Royal Wedding. It was on at 4:30 am where I live, and I’m not staying up that late for a wedding unless I’m marrying a beautiful princess. I had to rely on the news to clue me into what the most important things were, and I must say, they didn’t disappoint!

CNN showed a picture of Princess Diana in a pink dress, and then they showed Kate Middleton in a pink dress too. They weren’t the same color pink, and the dresses were nothing alike, really, but did that stop CNN from making their point? Of course not! Yes, you see, the fact that Kate has worn a pink dress before proves that she’s been angling to become Diana’s successor all along! What more proof could you ask for? Apparently, it’s all CNN needs for a “news” story. No wonder nobody watches them anymore.

So, for the cynical viewer (like me), seeing this kind of stupidly tenuous stuff being used for a “news” story makes one wonder about the veracity of all their other reports. At least, I hope so.

Oh, sorry, did I almost leave out the wedding part? Maybe that’s because I’m not all that interested. But I do understand that for some people, particularly women who subscribe to wedding and bridal dress magazines, this must be like the Super Bowl, the World Series, March Madness, the World Cup, and the Olympics all rolled into one. Well, for you royal wedding fans out there, I’m happy to report that you’ve all seen it already, so I don’t need to tell you about it.

The one thing I will say is, I found it kind of funny that Kate’s sister Pippa carried the bride’s train. I suppose this was Kate’s way of saying: “Ha, ha! I got to marry the “handsome” prince, and now you’re going to have to follow me around for the rest of your life picking up after me!” And by making her actually pick up and carry her train, I think that’s how she gets taught that she can’t “ride on the coattails” of her famous princess sister. That’ll teach her!