Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding Ceremony

Okay, I have just seen some of the replay of the royal wedding. I have only a few things to say about it.

The first is this: I hope they really love each other, because when a ring is as hard to get on as Kate’s wedding ring was, it’s never coming off!! I hope she doesn’t gain any weight either, otherwise she may lose the circulation to her ring finger!

And here’s the second thing: Boy, I’ll bet Prince William’s red jacket bleeds like crazy in the wash! I wonder if it has a label sewn into it that says: “Wash with like colors”, or do they just wait for some underling to get it wrong so they can yell: “Off with her head!”?

Oh, yes, and there’s this: I thought it was so cute and fun to see Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh sing “God Save the Queen” about the woman he was standing right next to: his wife. (He didn’t even look over at her or nudge her or point at her either! Perhaps that would be frowned upon.) I guess he has to do it or his home life would be awful. Still, it’s wonderful to see. After all, they could have both just stood there giggling like schoolchildren. Wouldn’t you? But I have to wonder, does he ever sing it to her in private for fun, or whenever she gets too bossy just to try to get her goat? I would. (Maybe even the Sex Pistols’ version.)