Thursday, October 18, 2012

Alfred E. Smith Dinner Roast

What a riot! I have never seen a funnier Alfred E. Smith Dinner. Holy crap: it felt like a Comedy Central Roast from back when Greg Geraldo was still with us! (He was the best roast comedian I’ve ever seen.) This was knee-slappin’ funny, and I hope everybody got to see it.

Wow, I wonder who wrote the jokes for them? These writers deserve the medal of freedom after this brutal, petty, seemingly endless campaign. What a ray of sunshine in this dark cloudy period! It just goes to show you what a little well executed levity can do in tough times.

I wish the whole campaign had been run like this, or at least was this much fun to witness, rather than the train wreck it has been. But this bit of lighthearted fun almost made up for it, and that says a lot. But then again, none of these jokes would have been possible without this ridiculously juvenile slimefest coming beforehand. But this dinner’s jokes almost made it all worthwhile. I have been watching these things for a while now, and this is by far the best one I’ve ever seen. Just wonderful!

Seriously, both candidates killed so much tonight, they should be on the terror watch list. And with the jokes this crazy and funny, it felt more like the Alfred E. Newman Dinner.