Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cold-Eeze TV Ad

I was watching the news the other night, and as I walked into the kitchen for a moment, I heard a commercial for Cold-Eeze, and I heard a voice say: “I’m dead carcass, and I recommend Cold-Eeze.” (Or some such thing: I’m paraphrasing, as I don’t remember the exact quote.) I was shocked! Surely I should not take the medical advice of a dead carcass, right? Maybe he’s dead because he took Cold-Eeze, and he’s mad, so he’s trying to get me to die the same way, because “misery loves company”. Oh, but then it turned out that it was the CEO of the company, and his name is actually “Ted Karkus”; but it sounded so much like “dead carcass”, it made me think: If you are selling health-related products, and your name sounds like “dead carcass”, maybe you shouldn’t speak your name in the commercials, or else maybe you should consider changing your name. But it’s just a suggestion.

Here’s a Cold-Eeze ad with dead, um, that is, Ted’s Carcass: