Thursday, October 11, 2012

Get Around Knee Replacement Ad Song?

There’s a new knee replacement called the “Get Around Knee”. The ads for this device are kind of fun, but I can’t believe there’s a knee replacement called the “Get Around”, and the ads aren’t using a (modified) version of the song “Get Around” by The Beach Boys! That song is really well known, and it would be fun to use it for such a medical device, especially when The Beach Boys are all old enough now to believably need such a thing themselves. (Maybe if the company offered them all free knee replacements they would be happy to endorse the Get Around Knee and sing the song for the ad?)

Here’s an example of what I mean for the song’s altered lyrics for the Get Around Knee ad song (To the tune of “Get Around” by The Beach Boys):

I’m getting hurt walking around on the same old knees,
I’ve got to find a new joint that will serve my needs!

My buddies and me are getting pretty darn old,
Yeah, we tried Get Around Knees and we’re pretty well sold!

I get around, (Get around, round, round, I get around)
All over town, (Get around, round, round, I get around)
On my Get Around Knees, (Get around, round, round, I get around)
They make my life a breeze! (Get around, round, round, I get around)

(And the selling point for the Get Around Knee replacement knee is the fact that this replacement knee follows a circular motion, as opposed to an ovoid one, so the existing chorus’s backing vocals of: “Get around, round, round, I get around” would be perfect, because the Get Around Knee is round, and as such it helps its owner get around; and they could even be sung during a visual demonstration of the motion of the replacement knee, just to make the point that the Get Around Knee is “round”, and because it’s round, it helps people with one get around easily and comfortably.)

This is the Get Around Knee: