Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Quicken Loans Dog Walking Ad

Here’s a commercial for Quicken Loans that makes no sense at all. Some guy is in a city park with his dog, and the dog starts talking to him in English, demonstrating his impatience. Well, the dog’s owner isn’t taking this guff from a dog, so he says: “Who do you think I am: Quicken Loans?” (?) Then the announcer guy saunters into the park walking a bunch of dogs, while talking about loans. And what does this make me think of? Well, the only thing that comes to mind is this: Quicken Loans must kidnap people’s dogs and hold them hostage until the loan is paid off. I mean, why else would the Quicken Loans guy be walking so many dogs at once? Unless they’re such an unsuccessful company that they have to run a dog-walking business on the side just to make ends meet. (Am I supposed to be thinking about this stuff? It seems like this commercial has a slight messaging problem to me.)

Here’s the canine chaperone commercial: