Monday, October 8, 2012

My Money, Your Money… (Republican Taxation Song?)

I saw some clips from the O’Reilly/Stewart debate, and Bill O’Reilly’s comment about his money reminded me of something that always comes to mind when I hear that kind of quote:

There’s an old disco song from the late 1970s where they sing: “My body, your body, everybody move your body…”, and every time I hear the Fox News guys talking about taxing their money, I hear them singing this song, but like: “My money, your money, yeah they want to tax my money…” (The song is called: “Let’s All Chant” by the Michael Zager band.)

This could be a new Republican (joke) political ad, and the new chorus lyrics could be:

My money, your money, yeah they want to tax our money,
Your money, my money, everybody wants our money,
My money, your money, yeah they’re going to tax our money,
Our money, your money, they are going to take our money…

Then they could sing: “Ow, ow! Taxed to death!” And the dancers could have IRS agents taking money out of their pockets while they’re dancing, and the dancers could throw money up into the air for the IRS guys to pick up off the floor.

Here’s the song I’m referring to: